Boarding for Birds & Exotics
A relaxing home away from home.
Animal Medical Center of Ontario offers boarding for birds, pocket pets, reptiles and other exotic pets, so that you can leave your pet in total comfort at our full service boarding facility. We always pay special attention to assure your pet is safe and comfortable. We cater to special needs pets, too!
Our top priority is to make your pet's vacation a special occasion. Our boarding facility provides a comfortable and relaxing home away from home for your pet when you need to be away on business, vacation or an emergency.
- Clean Cages sanitized/refreshed daily
- Attentive Staff interact with your pet throughout the day
- Extra Pats, Rubs, and Lots of Love administered daily
- Individualized Care
- Fresh Vegetables and Fruits prepared daily for Bird Boarders
- Daily Veterinary Observations
- Veterinary Medical Services if needed
- A Clean and Comfy Atmosphere
- Convenient Care
- All the Comforts of Home!
We encourage all pet owners to bring at least two familiar toys or, for bird owners, a favorite perch from home so that your bird feels more comfortable at his "home away from home."
Requirements for Birds
- Avian pets must be current on annual exams and labs.
- A Physical Exam must be performed by one of our veterinarians and is required prior to boarding. Diagnostics include: a complete blood count (CBC), fecal and mouth smear.
- In addition, all birds must be tested for Psitticosis, Polyoma, Psiticine Beak and Feather Disease, and the Borna virus. To ensure the safety of your pet, we do vaccinate most boarding birds for Polyoma.
Requirements for Exotic Small Mammals and Reptiles
A Physical Exam must be performed by one of our veterinarians and is required prior to boarding. Diagnostics include: a complete blood count (CBC) and fecal.
Additional requirements for rabbits and bearded dragons include:
- All Rabbit boarders must be tested for e. cunniculi prior to or on the first day of boarding.
- All Bearded Dragons must be tested for Adenovirus prior to or on the first day of boarding.
*Please note — if your pet tests positive for any of the tests required for boarding, they will be able to board with us in a designated isolation area for an additional fee.
Feel free to drop off your pet's vaccine history to us prior to arrival. We look forward to your pet's vacation!